S.T.A.R. is a full C.R.I.E.R. -type database designed to document
clinical outcomes and quality-of-care improvement initiative data.
As in C.R.I.E.R. and C.R.I.E.R.-Lite , background programming in Visual Basic offers protection against serious data entry omissions, reference range violations, inclusion and exclusion criteria violations, and data entry errors.
S.T.A.R. tracks patients in two separate methods:
· repeatable entries for an individual patient on the same visit
or hospitalization period and
· multiple visits or hospitalizations for that same patient.
S.T.A.R. differs from C.R.I.E.R. in its complex timing of events. It also
contains many different formats of the included forms, as noted below.
Many responses are aided by clickable auto-scripts which facilitates
· thoroughness of entries by poor typists,
· consistent data entry,
· elimination of spelling errors, and
· counting of similar responses without regard to input order.
Users are also able to input additional information, as warranted.
S.T.A.R. has an improved format with
· left-side buttons rather than top rows of tabs,
· larger page size,
· repeatable forms with repeatable subforms,
· historical information visible in spreadsheet format,
· side-by-side comparison of historical data, and
· Forms which remain on top of the current form, visible
throughout the data-entry process (and moveable around screen)